At Karlstad University research is pursued in traditional academic disciplines as well as in multi-disciplinary fields in response to societal needs.
At Karlstad University we study in traditional academic subjects and in multidisciplinary areas based on society's needs.
Very exciting research is conducted within the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, both in traditional academic subjects and in multidisciplinary research environments and research groups.
Karlstad University has established excellent and strong research groups, two of which are located at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences: CTF, the Center for Service Research, which is an excellent group and the cultural research group Kufo that is strong. Other research environments are available at the School of Economics, and there are also research on children's and youth's mental health, gender, education, language and literature didactics, culture, regional development, public transport services, children and youth in education, IT and the media.
Research centers, forums, institutes and research groups
Below are the research centers, forums, institutes and research groups available at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences.
- The Insolvency Law Academy
- The Center for Social Science Didactics (CSD)
- The Centre for Research on the Mental Health and Life Circumstances of Children and Youth, CBU
- Centre for Research on Sustainable Societal Transformation
- Societal risk research, CSR
- Centre for gender studies
- Centrum för språk- och litteraturdidaktik, CSL
- Service Research Center, CTF
- Fora for accounting and control
- FOU Välfärd Värmland
- Strong research environment
- The Research Group for Culture Studies
- Node, The Ander Centre for Research on News and Opinion in the Digital Era
- ROSE, Research on Subject-specific education
- Utbildningsvetenskapliga studier av barn och barndom (UBB)