Samot, The Service and Market Oriented Transport Research Group
We conduct research into how public transport i experienced and used. Our research on public transport is performed within Samot, The Service and Market Oriented Transport Research Group.
The research profile Samot was formed in 2006 and the main focus today is seamless travel enabling availability to everyday activities, contributing to the long-term and sustainable development of cities and regions.
Samot's mission is to actively contribute toward the sector developing in accordance with its vision by co-creating and disseminating scientifically-grounded knowledge of public transport and its conditions, knowledge which stimulates continued development and inspires critical reflection regarding public transport service and market-orientation.
Read more about our research
- Research results from Karlstad University can become international policy
- innovation in focus at Samot´s partner- and research conference
- Research on children´s school travels in the media
- 5.3 million SEK for research on energy efficient commuting to work
- Great recognition for research on difficult customers
- One moment Katrin Lättman...
- The art of developing sustainable and attractive public transport based on user needs
- Top ranking public transport research at Karlstad University