Samot, The Service and Market Oriented Transport Research Group
We conduct research into how public transport i experienced and used.
The research profile Samot was formed in 2006 and the main focus today is seamless travel enabling availability to everyday activities, contributing to the long-term and sustainable development of cities and regions.
Samot's mission is to actively contribute toward the sector developing in accordance with its vision by co-creating and disseminating scientifically-grounded knowledge of public transport and its conditions, knowledge which stimulates continued development and inspires critical reflection regarding public transport service and market-orientation.
Read more about our research
- Research results from Karlstad University can become international policy
- innovation in focus at Samot´s partner- and research conference
- Research on children´s school travels in the media
- 5.3 million SEK for research on energy efficient commuting to work
- Great recognition for research on difficult customers
- One moment Katrin Lättman...
- The art of developing sustainable and attractive public transport based on user needs
- Top ranking public transport research at Karlstad University