Conference on Teaching and Assessment at Karlstad University 2016
The conference on teaching and assessment to be arranged annually targets all staff at Karlstad University who are interested in developing teaching and assessing in higher education. Collegial discussion and sharing experience are central. The aim of the conference is to develop the quality of teaching and assessment in higher education and offer a forum for exchanging ideas and experiences.
There are two overarching themes
- Student-centred learning
The concept of student-centred-learning is based on ESGsguidelines and is a key aspect of the university’s professional qualification model for skills in teaching and assessing. What forms of teaching and presentation can support students in their progress towards academic knowledge and skills? What does student-centred learning involve? We call for several interpretations from various courses and subjects.
- Assessment and examination formats
Assessment and examination are central parts of teaching and learning. Do these aspects lay the foundation for revising and learning new things? How do teachers use formative and summative assessment? What new examination formats can digital tools offer and enable and how can digital resources support student-centred learning during the course?
Aspects of Blended learning and the relation between theory and practice can advantageously be integrated with the overarching themes.
- Time: 15 September, 08.30-16.00
- Place: Room 1A 305 Lagerlöfsalen, Karlstad University,
- Sign up here: Sign upp here, deadline: 23 August
- Participation: Free of charge
- Abstract submission: 5 April - 5 June Notification: in June till 7 July at the latest
- Language: The conference language is Swedish, but abstracts and seminars in English are also accepted
- Organiser: The Professional Development Unit