Using e-resources outside campus
Students and employees can access library resources outside campus by logging in with KauID. At the top of this page, we list current problems we know of and things you can do yourself to solve or at least work around these problems.
No known problems at the moment.
Contact the university library for help with access to our e-resources.
Log in using your KauID
- First choose a database, e-journal, e-book etc. among the links on the library homepage, or search in OneSearch and choose one article to view in full text.
- Click on the link.
- You will be directed to a login screen for KauID. After entering your credentials the resource will open.
Most of our databases are accessible outside campus using the KauID, but there are a few that are only available on campus, or even in the library. Use the database list to find out if there are any restrictions. Click on the INFO link for each database to read about the database. The information about databases is mostly in Swedish. The word "Tillgänglighet" describes the access. If it says "Campusområdet" you will also be able to log in from home.
Creating links to the resources
The library uses EZProxy to make resources available outside campus. If you want to create a link to a resource and make sure it will be available off-campus you need to enter a proxy prefix before the url to the resource. The prefix will trigger the login page for KauID.
- You need to use Adobe Acrobat reader to read PDF-articles. Other readers may not work.
- To download and read DRM protected e-books, you will need an e-reader program like Adobe Digital Editions and an Adobe ID.
Read more about reading and downloading e-books.
- You need to allow cookies in your browser.
- Older versions of browsers can be difficult to use. If you have problems, please use newer version or try a different browser such as Chrome or Firefox.
Problems logging in
If the KauID login page does not appear automatically, it is most likely being blocked by a firewall or caused by a proxy setting in your web browser. For help, please contact the support team of your firewall/anti-virus service provider or your web browser. This is often a problem if you try to login from schools, hospitals or other workplaces. Usually it works better from a home computer.
For technical support with your computer, please contact