KauID - student account
Throughout your studies, the user account is your key to “My Page”, your student mail and home directory, student computers, the wireless net and other services. All students need a student user account. Exchange students and master students access their student accounts through a visit to the IT support service. Non-exchange students access their accounts via studera.nu.
Remember that activating and accessing your account means that you are obligated to adhere to the university’s regulations for the use of computers and computer networks.
As a foreign student you might also need additional accounts and login details to access the communication platform Itslearning.
Exchange students and master students
Exchange students and master students access their student accounts through a visit to the IT support service. Bring your ID card!
Non-exchange/free mover students
Non-exchange students access their accounts via www.universityadmissions.se or eduid.se. Students who lack a user account at these sites activate their student account by personally visiting the IT support service at Karlstad University. Bring your ID card!
Accessing via universityadmissions.se or eduID
Students who applied and were admitted to Karlstad University can access their accounts via universityadmisions.se or eduid.se if they are verified users at those sites and have a Swedish personal identity number. Read more about the procedure at studera.nu.
What to do: Go to kau.se/hamtakonto and follow the instructions (both in Swedish and English). Choose either universityadmissions.se (in Swedish: antagning.se) or eduID. When you have logged in your chosen service you will be returned to www.kau.se and allowed access to your user account. We use universityadmissions.se and eduid.se to securely confirm that the right person activates the student account.
Students who have a user account but lost their KauIDs or passwords
If you are a student and need to access your account details, visit or send an e-mail to the IT support service: email@example.com
What is the student account actually used for?
- My Page (get information of your ongoing and completed courses, sign up for exams, view your results, change your address, print out study certificates, etc.)
- itslearning, the learning management system.
- Student email (your user account is also an email address. Add @student.kau.se to your username and there is your mail address.)
- Student home directory (your own home directory for storage and backup of all kinds of files)
- Student computers (in computer labs, the library, and other open spaces. Many disciplines have their own computer labs. Contact the department secretary for information on access procedures.)
- The wireless network (allows students access to the wireless network via own laptops or mobile phones. Points of access are available virtually everywhere in the university buildings.)