We carry out research in a wide variety of linguistic subfields, both in theoretical as well as applied linguistics, and both within English and its varieties as well as cross-linguistically.
Across our specialisations in various subfields, we have a broad experience range working with different types of methods, ranging from qualitative discourse analytic approaches to inferential statistical analysis. Whether we are working with corpora, interviews, conversation analytic transcripts, or online fora, we all share a commitment to empirical work on naturally occurring linguistic data. Please feel free to contact us if you are interested in collaborating or finding out more about our research.
Research and supervision expertise
- Bi/multilingualism (Roberts, Schalley, Sandlund, Sundqvist)
- Content and language integrated learning (Kjellén)
- Conversation analysis (Sandlund)
- English as a Lingua Franca (Malinowski)
- English language teaching and testing (Sandlund, Sundqvist)
- Family language policy (Roberts)
- Language and gender (Sandlund)
- Pragmatics (Schalley)
- Second language acquisition and informal learning (Sundqvist)
- Second language writing (Tåqvist)
- Semantics (Schalley)
- Subject-specific education (Sandlund, Sundqvist)