The Centre for Language and Literature Education (CSL) is a multidisciplinary research environment in which researchers and teachers from different subjects cooperate on subject-specific education research and development work. CSL researchers are actively engaged in different research groups at Karlstad University as well as in national, Nordic and international networks. The environment includes researchers and teachers from the subjects English, Media and Communication studies, Comparative Literature, Educational Work, Spanish, Swedish Language and Swedish as a Second Language. Research within the group is interdisciplinary and practice-based where CSL researchers work in mutual and close collaboration with teachers at all levels from preschool to higher education.
CSL aims to:
- Contribute to new knowledge within the field of language and literature education
- Conduct interdisciplinary research on teaching methodology
- Give rise to development work
- Involve teachers from partner regions in classroom research
- Improve the quality of teacher students’ degree projects