The Sodium/Sulfur-Balance in a Pulp Mill
The course is of overview type and consists of class room lectures, computer simulations, an assignment carried out together with team colleagues, a mill visit and a final written examination.
- Overview, pulp mill, models
- Kraft cooking, washing, oxygen delignification, bleaching
- The recovery boiler and its chemistry
- White liquor oxidation
- Chlorine dioxide generation
- Odor destruction, Cross recovery
- Integration with a cellulose textile mill
- Mass balance models, examples
- A model assignment
- Presentation of the assignments
- Visit to a pulp mill
- Visit to a LignoBoost pilot plant
The student will after the course have a good knowledge about process changes that affect the sodium/sulfur balance. He/she will also be able to make simulations of how much a process change will influence the sodium/sulfur balance for a given mill. The student will finally have a better general understanding of the existing process chemistry in a pulp mill.
You must have passed KTADM1 Pulp Technology, Advanced Course, 7.5 ECTS credits and KTADM2 Pulp Technology, Advanced Course Part II, 7.5 ECTS credits or equivalent.
För doktorand i