Bestoun S Ahmed Al-Beywanee
My research activities span the following directions:
- Quality Assurance: Quality aspects of IoT systems.
- Software Testing: Mutation testing, Regression testing, Interaction testing, GUI interaction testing, Automated testing, Smart TV app testing.
- Test Generation algorithms : Combinatorial interaction tools, statistical test generation.
- Quality Assurance of IoT Systems: Quality aspects of IoT systems.
- Software Engineering: Software module clustering, Cloud computing, Mobile app development.
- Applied Soft Computing: Optimizations in software engineering, control parameter optimization, combinatorial optimization and its applications
Bestoun S. Ahmed, starts working as a Senior Lecturer at the department on January 14th. He obtained his BSc in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from the University of Salahaddin-Erbil in 2004, his MSc degree from University Putra Malaysia (UPM) in 2009, and his Ph.D. degree from University Sains Malaysia (USM), Software Engineering, in 2012. He worked as a research fellow at the Software Engineering Research Group at the Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM). His next engagement was as a senior lecturer at Salahaddin University. He completed his postdoctoral research position in the Swiss AI lab at IDSIA (Istituto di Molle di Studi s Intelliigenziale), Lugano, Switzerland. He also worked as an Assistant Professor at the Czech Technical University in Prague.
- Ibrahim-Anka Salihu, Rosziati Ibrahim, Bestoun S. Ahmed, Kamal Z. Zamli, and Asmau Usman, "AMOGA: A Static-Dynamic Model Generation Strategy for Mobile Apps Testing", 2019, IEEE Access.
- Miroslav Bures, Bestoun S. Ahmed, and Kamal Z. Zamli, "Prioritized Process Test: An Alternative to Current Process Testing Strategies" 2019, Int'l Journal of Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering.
- Bestoun S. Ahmed, and Miroslav Bures, “Testing of Smart TV Applications: Key Ingredients, Challenges and Proposed Solutions“, Future Technology Conference, FTC2018, November 2018, Vancouver, Canada PP 241-256, Springer.
- Executes S. Ahmed, Miroslav Bures, Karel Frajtak, and Tomas Cerny, " Aspects of Quality in the Internet of Things (IoT) Solutions: A Systematic Mapping Study " 2019, IEEE Access.
- Kamal Z. Zamli, Fakhrud Din, Bestoun S. Ahmed, and Miroslav Bures, " A Hybrid Q-Learning His-Cosine-Based Strategy for Addressing the Combinatorial Test Suite Minimization Problem ", PLoS One, Volume: 13, Issue: 5, Pages: 1-29, (2018).
- Miroslav Bures, Tomas Cerny, and Bestoun S. Ahmed, “Internet of Things: Current Challenges in the Quality Assurance and Testing Methods“, Accepted for publication 9th iCatse Conference on Information Science and Applications, 2018, Macau, China.
- Miroslav Bures, Karel Frajtak, Bestoun S. Ahmed, “Tapir: Automation Support of Exploratory Testing Using Model Reconstruction of the System Under Test“, IEEE Transactions on Reliability, Volume: 67, Issue:2, Pages: 557-580, (2018).
- Hong Min, Taesik Kim, Junyoung Heo, Tomas Cerny, SriramSankaran, Bestoun S. Ahmed, and Jinman Jung, “Pattern Matching Based Sensor Identification Layer for an Android Platform“, Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Journal, (2018).
- Miroslav Bures, Bestoun S. Ahmed, “On The Effectiveness of Combinatorial Interaction Testing: A Case Study”,2017 IEEE International Conference on Software Quality, Reliability and Security Companion (QRS-C), Combinatorial Testing and its application workshop (CTA2017), 2017, pp.69-76, Prague, Czech Republic.
- Bestoun S. Ahmed, Kamal Z. Zamli, Wasif Afzak, and Miroslav Bures, “Constrained Interaction Testing: A Systematic Mapping Study”, IEEE Access Journal, Volume:5, Pages 25706-25730, (2017).
- Abdullah B. Nasser, Kamal Z. Zamli, AbdulRahman Al-Sewari, and Bestoun S. Ahmed “An Elitist-Flower Pollination based Strategy for Constructing Sequence and Sequence-less T- Way Test Suite Generation,” International Journal of Bio-Inspired Computation, Volume 12, Issue 2, (2018).
- Abdullah B. Nasser, Kamal Z. Zamli, AbdulRahman A. Alsewari, and Bestoun S. Ahmed, “Hybrid flower pollination algorithm strategies for t-way test suite generation“, PLoS One, Volume: 13, Issue: 5, (2018).
- Miroslav Bures, Tomas Cerny, Karel Frajtak, and Bestoun S. Ahmed, “Testing the Consistency of Business Data Objects Using Extended Static Testing of CRUD Matrices“, Cluster Computing, Accepted for Publication, (2017).
- Bestoun S. Ahmed, Luca M. Gambardella, Wasif Afzal, and Kamal Z. Zamli, “Handling Constraints in Combinatorial Interaction Testing in the presence of Multi-Objective Particle Swarm and Multithreading“, Information and Software Technology, Volume: 86, Pages: 20-36, (2017), Elsevier.
- Kamal Z. Zamli, Fakhrud Din, Graham Kendall, Bestoun S Ahmed, “An Experimental Study of Hyper-Heuristic Selection and Acceptance Mechanism for Combinatorial t-way Test Suite Generation”, Information Science, Volume: 399, Pages 121-153, (2017), Elsevier.
- Kamal Z. Zamli, Fakhrud Din, Salmi Baharom and Bestoun S Ahmed, “Fuzzy Adaptive Teaching Learning-based Optimization Strategy for the Problem of Generating Mixed Strength t-way Test Suites”, Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, 59 (March), pp.35-50, (2017).
- Bestoun S. Ahmed, Mouayad A. Sahib, Luca M. Gambardella, Wasif Afzal, and Kamal Z. Zamli “Optimum Design of PIλDμ Controller for an Automatic Voltage Regulator System Using Combinatorial Test Design“, PLoS One 11(11), 2016.
- Bestoun S. Ahmed, Luca M. Gambardella, and Kamal Z. Zamli, “A New Approach to Speed Up Combinatorial Search Algorithms Using Stack and Hash Table”, 3rd IEEE Science and Information Conference (SAI2016), 2016, pp.1217-1222, London, United Kingdome.
- Mouayad A. Sahib, and Bestoun S. Ahmed, “A new multiobjective performance criterion used in PID tuning optimization algorithms“, Journal of Advanced Research, Volume: 7, Issue: 1, Pages 125-134, (2016) Elsevier.
- Thair Mahmoud, Bestoun S. Ahmed, ” An Efficient Covering Array Construction Strategy Using Fuzzy Logic-based Adaptive Swarm Optimisation for the Use of Software Testing“, Expert Systems with Applications, (2015), Elsevier.
- Bestoun S. Ahmed, Taib Sh. Abdulsamad, and Moayad Y. Potrus “The Achievement of Minimized Combinatorial Test Suite for Software Functional Testing Using Cuckoo Optimization Algorithm“, Information and Software Technology, 66(2015): 13-29, (2015), Elsevier.
- Bestoun S. Ahmed and Kamal Z. Zamli, and Chee Peng Lim,” Application of Particle Swarm Optimization for Uniform and Variable Strength Covering Array Construction” Applied Soft Computing Journal, 12(4): 1330-1347, (2012), Elsevier.
- Executives S. Ahmed, Kamal Z. Zamli, and Chee Peng Lim, " Constructing a T-Way Interaction Test Suite Using the Particle Swarm Optimization Approach ," International Journal of Innovative Computing, Information and Control (IJICIC), 8 (1A): 431-452, (2012).
- Bestoun S. Ahmed and Kamal Z. Zamli, " A Variable-Strength Interaction Test Suites Generation Strategy Using Particle Swarm Optimization ," Journal of Systems and Software, 84 (12): 2171-2185, (2011), Elsevier.
- Bestoun S. Ahmed, Mouayad A. Sahib, and Moayad Y. Potrus, ” Generating Combinatorial Test Cases Using Simplified Swarm Optimization (SSO) Algorithm for Automated GUI Functional Testing“, Engineering Science and Technology, an International Journal, 17 (4), Pages 218-226 , (2014) Elsevier.
- Moayad Y. Potrus, Umi Kalthum Ngah, and Bestoun S. Ahmed, ” An Evolutionary Harmony Search Algorithm with Dominant Point Detection for Recognition-Based segmentation of Online Arabic Text Recognition“, Ain Shams Engineering Journal (ASEJ), 5(4): 1129–1139 (2014), Elsevier.
- Bestoun S. Ahmed, “Test Case Minimization Approach Using Fault Detection and Combinatorial Optimization Techniques for Configuration-Aware Structural Testing“, Engineering Science and Technology, an International Journal, (2015).
- Mouayad A. Sahib, Bestoun S. Ahmed, and Moayad Y. Potrus, “Application of Combinatorial Interaction Design for DC Servomotor PID Controller Tuning,” Journal of Control Science and Engineering, vol. 2014, Article ID 576868, 7 pages, (2014).
- Diary R. Sulaiman and Bestoun S. Ahmed,” Using the Combinatorial Optimization Approach for DVS in High-Performance Processors ” The International Conference on Technological Advances in Electrical, Electronics and Computer Engineering (TAEECE2013), 2013, pp.105-109, IEEE Computer Society.
- Bestoun S. Ahmed and Kamal Z. Zamli, “Comparison of Metaheuristic Test Generation Strategies Based on Interaction Elements Coverage Criterion”, The 2011 IEEE Symposium on Industrial Electronics and Applications (ISIEA 2011), 2011, pp. 537-541, IEEE Computer Society.
- Bestoun S. Ahmed and Kamal Z. Zamli, “PSTG: a t-way strategy adopting particle swarm optimization,” in: Proceeding of 4th Asia International Conference on Mathematical/Analytical Modeling and Computer Simulation, 2010, pp. 1-5, IEEE Computer Society.
- Bestoun S. Ahmed and Kamal Z. Zamli,” T-Way Test Data Generation Strategy Based on Particle Swarm Optimization,” in: Proceeding of 2nd International Conference on Computer Research and Development (ICCRD 2010), Pages (93-97), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2010, IEEE Computer Society.
- Bestoun S. Ahmed and Kamal Z. Zamli,” Motivation for Developing a High Combinatorial Interaction Strength Testing Suite via the Grid Computing Approach”, In Proceedings of the Electrical and Electronic Postgraduate Colloquium EEPC2009, Jawi, Malaysia, November 2009.
- Bestoun S. Ahmed, Khairulmizam Samsudin, Abdul Rahman Ramli, and ShahNor Basri, “A descriptive performance model of a load balancing single system image”, In 2008 Second Asia International Conference on Modeling & Simulation (AMS2008), pages 180-184, Los Alamitos, CA, USA, May 2008, IEEE Computer Society.