Nowadays, several socioeconomic, environmental and technological reasons drive the necessity to change the energy production, delivery and utilization landscape to a more sustainable framework. Recent advancements on renewable energy resources and electrical power engineering technology, combined with the most advanced achievements from computer science applications, information technology and communications, offering a positive ground to develop and establish the future generation of energy systems. In this field, my scientific and applied research activities include
Renewable energy and storage systems design and applications for smart power systems: solar, wind and thermoelectric energy for residential, commercial and industrial applications, combined heat and power systems, transportation systems.
Modeling and development of electrical power components and systems: transformers, photovoltaic generators, fuel cells and thermoelectric generators for power systems analysis and applications.
Power systems transients, dynamics and power quality: low and high frequency switching transients, distributed generation and distributed storage dynamics, ac and dc microgrids.
Teaching of several courses as an instructor in the field of fundamental physics, electrical circuit analyzes, AC and DC electrical power systems operation analyzes and control, analysis and design of electrical power installations, renewable energy systems.
ELGA21 Electrical technology
ELGB09 / ELGB20 Introduction to power systems
ELGB16 Renewable energy sources and their applications
ELGB24 Project in electrical engineering
ELGB32 Electric machines and transformers
ELGC20 Renewable energy systems
Network / Research Collaboration
- Karlstad ElochStadsNät
- Glava Energy Center
- Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
- Eindhoven University Of Technology, The Netherlands
- DNV GL, The Netherlands
- TenneT, The Netherlands
- University of Manchester, UK
- Siemens Wind Power A / S, Denmark
- Vestas Wind Systems A / S, Denmark
- Nexans, Norway
- Sintef Energy Research, Norway
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway
- Siemens AG Berlin, Germany
- Dnepropetrovsk National University, Ukraine
- Hellenic Electricity TSO, Greece
- Hellenic Operator of Electricity Market, Greece
- Hellenic Center for Renewable Energy Sources and Saving (CRES), Greece
- University of Patras, Greece
- National Technical University of Athens, Greece