Specialist Nursing -Theatre Care
A Nursing licence issued by the Social Welfare Agency.
Special requirements: Nursing degree (180 ECTS credits) including degree project of at least 15 ECTS cr, or Bachelors degree in health care, or equivalent qualifications.
Professional experience as a full-time nurse for at least 12 months.
Upper secondary level Swedish B/Swedish 2 B and English A.
EducationThe programme is run by the university of Karlstad with the following study locations: Falun, Gävle, Karlstad, Västerås and Örebro (rank three locations in priority order in your application). The programme is offered as full-time and partly distance education. Study groups meet regularly at the respective study location and at some on-campus meetings. A degree project related to the specialist area is required, 15 ECTS cr. Students study individually and/or in groups via a web-based platform, which requires computer skills. NB! Application must include certificates verifying your qualifications and be sent to Antagningsservice, R312, 106 53 STOCKHOLM.
Form of InstructionStudents work on assignments individually and/or in groups, via a computer based platform. Instruction is also in the form of video conferences, streamed lectures and on campus seminars. There are 4 to 6 campus meetings of 2-4 days in Karlstad In addition, there are degree project seminars.
ExaminationExamination formats vary and may be oral or written, individual or in groups. Practical performance is also assessed. Examination usually takes place at the end of each course, module, or unit.
Professional ContactThe programme includes Practical placement (18 weeks) in a county council hospital at the study location, where students are guided in their learning by an experienced theatre nurse. Students may incur additional travel and accommodation expenses in connection with the training period.
Course of study
|Semester 1||ECTS credits|
|The profession of theatre nurse (Obligatory)||7.5|
|Perioperative Nursing (Obligatory)||7.5|
|Theatre Care in Theory and Practice (End semester: 2)||22.5|
|Degree project: Theatre Care (End semester: 2)||15|
|Semester 2||ECTS credits|
|Managing and Developing Theatre care (Obligatory)||7.5|
*Full-time study always equals 30 ECTS credits per semester (20 weeks).
Elective course: Students are free to choose among certain alternative courses, often depending on their choice of specialisation.
Optional course: Students are free to choose any course offered at Karlstad University or at other universities. Courses listed are examples of recommended or frequently chosen courses for a specific programme.
Läsårs- och programvärderingar
Start semester Autumn 2015
- Year evaluation (KAU-69011)
- Programme evaluation (KAU-69011)
- Year evaluation (KAU-69018)
- Programme evaluation (KAU-69018)
- Year evaluation (KAU-69020)
- Programme evaluation (KAU-69020)
- Year evaluation (KAU-69017)
- Programme evaluation (KAU-69017)
- Year evaluation (KAU-69019)
- Programme evaluation (KAU-69019)
- Year evaluation (KAU-69021)
- Programme evaluation (KAU-69021)
Start semester Autumn 2016
- Programme evaluation (KAU-69024)
- Programme evaluation (KAU-69025)
- Programme evaluation (KAU-69026)
- Programme evaluation (KAU-69397)
- Programme evaluation (KAU-69012)
- Programme evaluation (KAU-69022)
- Programme evaluation (KAU-69023)
Start semester Autumn 2017
- Programme evaluation (KAU-69531)
- Programme evaluation (KAU-69532)
- Programme evaluation (KAU-69533)
- Programme evaluation (KAU-69534)
- Programme evaluation (KAU-69535)
- Programme evaluation (KAU-69536)
- Programme evaluation (KAU-69537)