My main research interests are:
1. Deterministic and Stochastic Modeling of phenomena arising in Biology (Chemotaxis, Angiogenesis, Tumor Growth, DNA Methylation, Cell motility etc), Ecology (Mutualism), Game Theory (Replicator Dynamics) as well as of Industrial processes (Ohmic Heating, Resistance Spot Welding, Linear Friction Welding in Metals, Torsion Test in Metals, MEMS control etc).
2. Mathematical Analysis of Nonlinear and Non-local Parabolic Deterministic & Stochastic Differential Equations and Reaction Diffusion Systems
3. Uncertainty Quantification of stochastic models arising in Biology, Ecology, Finance, etc.
The current semester I am teaching the following module:
MAGA48, Applied Mathematics, 37384
My main research collaborators are based in:
1) Osaka University, Japan
2) Heriot-Watt University, UK
4) Brown University, USA
5) Sussex University, UK
6) Aegean University, Greece
I delivered his PhD studies at the National Technical University of Athens from 1997 to 2000 with a full scholarship.
Next I worked as a Visiting Lecturer at the National Technical University of Athens for 3 years (2001-2004) lecturing Mathematics to Mechanical, Civil, Chemical and Electrical Engineering students.
In the period 2004 -2005 I held a research position in the University of Wroclaw, in the framework of HYKE (Hyperbolic Kinetic Equations) EU funded research project. Later, from 2005-2006 he received a scholarship for the Greek National Scholarships Foundation of Greece (IKY) for postdoctoral research at the National Technical University of Athens. Afterwards, in the period 2006-2007 I worked as a postdoctoral researcher in a project founded by Center of Excellence (COE) program of Japanese Government at Osaka University, Japan.
Before joining Karlstads University I held positions as Senior Lecturer and Associate Professors in Aegean University (2007-2013), Greece, and University of Chester (2013-2021), UK.
Moreover, I achieved several research projects among which was an EU Marie-Curie project.