Bo is the former editor of Journal of Service Management on the review board for a number of scientific journals including Journal of Service research, Journal of Service management and International Journal on Research in Marketing.
My publications are also available in Diva Electronic publications at Karlstad University.
My research can be divided into the areas of:
- New Service Development and Service Innovation
- Value Creation Through Service and The Service-Dominant Logic
- Complaints Management and Service recovery
- Customer Relationship Dynamics and Customer Experience
- Service Infusion in Manufacturing
- Service Culture and Service Strategy.
There are also links to other fields such as marketing, design, organization theory and human resources management, business-to-business marketing, general management, entrepreneurship, quality control and operations management.
Selected academic and visiting positions
- 2013 Edvardsson was appointed Honorary Distinguished Professor of Service Management, EGADE Business School, Monterrey Tech, Mexico.
- 2013 Bo was appointed Distinguished Faculty Fellow of the
- Center for Excellence in Service, University of Maryland
- 2013- Edvardsson was appointed a position as “Professor Two” Hedmark University College in Norway.
- 2013 Bo Edvardsson was appointed Distinguished Faculty Fellow of the Center for Excellence in Service at University of Maryland.
- 2011-2013 Bo Edvardsson was appointed a position as “Professor Two” (20%) Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration
- 2011 Bo Edvardsson was appointed Guest professor of Service Management, EMBA Center, Nankai University China
- 2010 Bo Edvardsson was appointed Honarary Visiting fellow in Manchester Business School.
- 2009 Bo Edvardsson was awarded Honarary Doctorate, Swedish School of Economics and Business Administration, Hanken.
- On December 3rd 2008, Bo Edvardsson was awarded for public service with a Medal from the City of Karlstad.
- 2008 The RESER award; “Commendation for lifetime achievement to scholarship” by The European Association for Service Research.
- 2004 Career Contributions to the Services Discipline Award. Presented by Services Marketing Special Interest Group (ServSig) of the American Marketing Association.
- Editor International Journal of Service Industry Management 2005-2010.
- Member of the editorial staff of the following journals: International Journal of Service Industry Management, Managing Service Quality, International Journal of Internet Marketing & Advertising and Journal of Service Research.
- Member of organizational committees for several research conferences on Service Management and for the international symposium on Quality in Services, QUIS 1–11, held every other year since 1988 alternately in Sweden and in the USA. Coordinator of the International Academy of Services Research and Education.
- Opponent at 21 dissertations in Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway and England.
- Take part in Executive seminars in Malaysia and Singapore and other countries on a regular basis.
- Invited Key-note speaker at a number of conferences such as THE RESER 2008 conference in Stuttgart in September, MarkStrat Helsinki January 22nd 2009, Service for The Future ISS National University of Singapore March 2010, Service Innovation Circus Helsinki June 3rd 2010, Frontiers In Service Conference Karlstad June 13th 2010, Second International Conference on Service Science and Innovation Auguts 9th 2010.