October 2023 - January 2024 :
Development of Riskville power system “expansion package” , Center for research on societal risks (CSR) at Karlstad University
ELGA21/ELGB13 ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING FOR MASTER STUDENTS
ELGA15 INTRODUCTION TO POWER ELECTRONICS
ELGB09 INTRODUCTION TO ELECTRIC POWER SYSTEMS
ELGB19 ELECTRIC MACHINES
ELGC06 APPLICATIONS OF POWER ELECTRONICS
ELGC24 INTEGRATION OF RENEWABLE ENERGY INTO ELECTRIC POWER SYSTEMS
ELGC25 ELECTRIC POWER SYSTEM
Center for research on societal risks, CSR
I received my BSc in electrical engineering (Power Systems) from Khajeh Nasir Toosi University of Technology, Iran in 2006 and got my MSc in the same field from Tehran Science and Research University (SRBIAU) in 2008. I received my PhD from National University of Malaysia (UKM) in 2013.
I worked as Assistant Professor in Cyprus International University for four years (2013-2017). Afterwards, I joined Eastern Mediterranean University (EMU). I was promoted to Associate Professor by EMU in September 2018 and served as Vice Chair of the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering for 2 years (2020-2022). I joined Karlstad University in August 2022.
I have more than 15 years of research experience in the field of energy systems optimization and renewable energy, and also 10 years of teaching experience in several fields of power systems, electric machinery and power electronics in undergraduate and postgraduate levels. I have published over 40 peer-reviewed papers in reputed international journals and conferences and supervised 18 Master/PhD students. Moreover, I have worked as an engineer in the department of transmission lines, in one of the biggest Power Engineering Consultant Companies in Iran (MOSHANIR) for 4 years (2005-2009).
My fields of interest include the application of different optimization techniques in energy systems and renewable energy, power electronics, the application of FACTS devices in power systems and renewable energy, power quality improvement, reactive power compensation, modeling uncertainties in renewable generation and the smart grids , distributed generation, energy storage systems, home energy management, economic dispatch with demand side management, unit commitment, power systems operation, power systems planning and power markets.
1) Lotfi Akbarabadi, M.; Sirjani Reza. Achieving Sustainability and Cost-Effectiveness in Power Generation: Multi-Objective Dispatch of Solar, Wind, and Hydro Units. Sustainability 2023, 15, 2407.
2) Ahmad Khodor Ahmad , Sirjani Reza, Optimal Planning and Operation of Energy Storage Systems in Power Transmission Networks: An Analysis of Wind Farms, International Journal of Energy Research, Vol 45, No 7, 2021.
3) Shareef Hussain; Al Hassan Eslam; Sirjani Reza, Wireless Home Energy Management System with Smart Rule-Based Controller, Applied Sciences (MDPI), Special Issue of CITIES: Energetic Efficiency, Sustainability; Infrastructures, Energy and the Environment; Mobility and IoT; Governance and Citizenship, 2020, 10, 4533.
4) Ahmad Khodor Ahmad , Sirjani Reza , Daneshvar Shahand, New hybrid probabilistic optimisation algorithm for optimal allocation of energy storage systems considering correlated wind farms, Journal of Energy Storage, Volume 29, June 2020, 101335
5) Ahmad Khodor Ahmad , Sirjani Reza , Optimal Placement and Sizing of Multi-Type FACTS Devices in Power Systems Using Metaheuristic Optimisation Techniques: An Updated Review , Ain Shams Engineering Journal, Volume 11, Issue 3, September 2020, pp. 611-628
6) Sirjani Reza, Optimal Placement and Sizing of PV-STATCOM in Power Systems Using Empirical Data and Adaptive Particle Swarm Optimization, Sustainability 10(3), 727, March 2018.
7) Sirjani Reza, Rezaee Jordehi A. , Optimal Placement and Sizing of Distribution Static Compensator (D-STATCOM) in Electric Distribution Networks: A Review, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Volume 77, Pages 688-694 , September 2017
8) Sirjani Reza, Optimal Capacitor Placement in Wind Farms by Considering Harmonics Using Discrete Lightning Search Algorithm, Sustainability 9(9), 1669, Sep 2017.