Launch of new courses for professionals2022-01-14
CTF, Service Research Center at Karlstad University, are expanding their range of flexible courses for professionals. Registration is now open for courses in digitalisation, customer journey and idea management, two of which are offered for the first time. The courses will start at the end of January and registration is open until 18 January.
Registration is now open for the first courses of the spring term aimed at working professionals. More courses will be available later in the year.
The courses award 5 ECTS credits each and are designed as part-time studies spanning approximately 10 - 12 weeks, allowing participants to combine studies and work. Teaching takes place via Zoom meetings and prerecorded lectures. The participants will acquire both theoretical and practical skills by analysing and discussing key concepts, models, case studies as well as their personal experiences and challenges in relation to their own workplace and professional field. The courses are based on current research at CTF. All courses are tuition-free. Limited number of places.
Digitalisation and digital transformation in organisations
Linda Bergkvist, PhD in Information systems, is the course leader of the new course “Digitalisation and digital transformation in organisations”, which focuses digitalisation and how to work systematically with digitalisation and the transformation process that digitalisation entails.
- We use an organisational perspective, focusing on how digitalisation can be applied and managed to generate greater efficiency and innovation within organisations, says Linda Bergkvist, who conducts research in the field in collaboration with, for example, Region Värmland and Compare.
The customer journey: a path to customer-driven value creation
Sture Nöjd, PhD student in Psychology, is the course leader of the course “The customer journey: a path to customer-driven value creation”, which is held for the first time. The course focuses on what a customer journey is and how it can be used as a tool for developing businesses and creating greater value for customers.
- Competition is tough for many service companies, especially for businesses in the retail and restaurant sector as a consequence of the pandemic. Therefore, it is extra important to be able to develop services that create customer value and that the customers actually want and end up buying. The customer journey can be an effective tool in achieving this.
Idea management for professionals
The course “Idea management for professionals” is held for the second time and is aimed at those who wish to learn more about idea management and gain more knowledge and tools for innovation work in different types of businesses.
- Idea management is an important part of the innovation process and in the development of services and businesses. In this course, you will learn more about how to generate, develop, improve and evaluate ideas – in other words, how to find new ideas for innovations, says course leader Alexandre Sukhov, PhD in Business administration.
Learn more and apply on the course webpage. Registration is open until 18 January.
• Digitalisation and digital transformation in organisations
• The customer journey: a path to customer-driven value creation
• Idea management for professionals
The courses are part of the ISE project in which CTF work together with companies and organisations to develop and offer tailored, flexible courses for professionals. The project operates as a graduate professional development programme with funding from the Knowledge Foundation. More information: kau.se/ise.