Digitalisation and digital transformation in organisations 5 ECTS
This course focuses on digitalisation and how businesses and organisations can work with digitalisation and digital transformation.
About the course
The aim of the course is to acquire increased knowledge and understanding of central concepts, theories and models in the area of digitalisation and digital transformation, which in turn constitute tools for managing and working systematically with digitalisation in order to improve efficiency and innovation in organisations.
- Introduction to digitalisation and digital transformation
- Business development through digitalisation
- Data driven organizations and data use
- Leadership and organization in the age of digital transformation
The course provides with a broad understanding of digitalisation and digital transformation and how organisations can develop their activities through digitalisation. Various models of digitalisation and the ongoing process of change that digitalisation entails are presented and discussed, and participants have the opportunity throughout the course to apply these models in their own work.
The course content is partly assembled and co-created by the participants themselves as they apply theories, concepts, and models to their own experiences. The course requires independent study, continuous reading, and active reflective participation in the classroom.
- 6/9, 11-12, introduction
- 15/9, 13-16, module 1
- 22/9, 13-16, module 1
- 29/9, 13-16, module 1
- 7/10, 13-16, module 2
- 13/10, 13-16, module 2
- 20/10, 13-16, module 2
- 27/10, 13-16, module 3
- 3/11, 13-16, module 3
- 10/11, 13-16, module 3
- 17/11, 13-16, module 4
- 24/11, 13-16, module 4
- 1/12, 13-16, module 4
- 8/12, 13-16, examination
- Linda Bergkvist (course leader), phd in Information systems at CTF, Service Research Center, and Karlstad Business School at Karlstad University.
- Karin Ahlin, postdoc in Information systems at CTF, Service Research Center, and Karlstad Business School at Karlstad University.
- John Johansson, assistant professor in Project leading at Karlstad Business School at Karlstad University.
For working professionals who want to develop their skills in digitalization and digital transformation.
Examination of the learning outcomes will be done through written and oral assignments, which you present and discuss at seminars.
ABOUT THE COURSE
The course is at an advanced level, given part-time and is designed to be combined with work. The course is web-based and conducted as a distance course.
90 ECTS credits completed in social, behavioural, or natural science, including at least 30 ECTS credits at the G2F lever or higher, at least 2 years of relevant work experience, and upper secondary level English 6 or A, or equivalent.