Simulation and modelling
7.5 ECTS credits
Simulation and modelling using numerical methods constitutes an increasing part of an engineer's toolbox. The course treats fundamental finite element methods (FEM) with matrix statics and numeric analysis. The student is introduced in the application of FEM for calculations of strength and deformations in different components. The student will gain knowledge in material modelling as it is an important part in material understanding and a part in the calculation work and interpretation of the FEM result.
Progressive specialisation: A1N (has only first‐cycle course/s as entry requirements)
Education level: Master's level
Admission requirements: Mechanical Engineering 75 ECTS credits, including materials engineering courses 15 ECTS cr, solid state mechanics 7.5 ECTS cr, and linear algebra 7.5 ECTS cr, finite element methods 7.5 ECTS cr, or equivalent.
Selection is usually based on your grade point average from upper secondary school or the number of credit points from previous university studies, or both.
This course is included in the following programme
- Engineering: Mechanical Engineering, spec. in Materials Engineering (studied during year 4)
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering (studied during year 4)
- Master Programme in Mechanical Engineering with specialisation in Materials Engineering (studied during year 1)
- Master of Science in Engineering, Degree Programme in Mechanical Engineering, specialisation in Materials Engineering (studied during year 1)
- Start Spring 2022
- Mode of study Campus
- Language English, if required by international students
- Course code MTAD13
- Application code KAU-37753
- Study pace 50% (Day)
- Study period week 13–22
- Schedule Show