Materials in Industrial Applications
7.5 ECTS credits
Mechanical engineers working with development and manufacturing of new products need to have a profound understanding and knowledge about commercially available engineering materials. In this course you will have the opportunity to deepen your knowledge about steels, cast irons, light alloys, copper alloys, ceramics and composites. For each group of materials, microstructure, properties and application areas in connection to heat treatments and other processing techniques will be treated.
Progressive specialisation: A1N (has only first‐cycle course/s as entry requirements)
Education level: Master's level
Admission requirements: Thermodynamics and Energy Egineering 7.5 ECTS, Solid Mechanics 7.5 ECTS and Materials Engineering 7.5 ECTS, or equivalent, and upper secondary level English 6 or B, or equivalent.
Selection is usually based on your grade point average from upper secondary school or the number of credit points from previous university studies, or both.
This course is included in the following programme
- Engineering: Industrial Engineering and Management-Mechanical Engineering (studied during year 5)
- Engineering: Mechanical Engineering, spec. in Materials Engineering (studied during year 3)
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering (studied during year 3)
- Master Programme in Mechanical Engineering with specialisation in Materials Engineering (studied during year 1)
- Master of Science in Engineering, Degree Programme in Mechanical Engineering, specialisation in Materials Engineering (studied during year 1)
- Start Spring 2022
- Mode of study Campus
- Language English, if required by international students
- Course code MTAD10
- Application code KAU-37751
- Study pace 50% (Day)
- Study period week 13–22
- Schedule Show