7.5 ECTS credits
Mathematical equations arising from applications in technology and science can in general not be solved analytically. In the course Numerical Methods, we study approximative solution techniques for mathematical problems using numerical algorithms and computers. Implementation assignments in MATLAB are included in the course.
Progressive specialisation: G1F (has less than 60 credits in first‐cycle course/s as entry requirements)
Education level: Undergraduate level
Admission requirements: 30 ECTS Credits in Mathematics and Programming, incl Calculus in one variable, 7.5 ECTS cr, and Linear Algebra and Vector Calculus, 7.5 ECTS cr, or equivalent.
Selection is usually based on your grade point average from upper secondary school or the number of credit points from previous university studies, or both.
This course is included in the following programme
- Mathematics Programme (studied during year 2)
- Engineering: Chemical Engineering (studied during year 3)
- Engineering: Mechanical Engineering, spec. in Materials Engineering (studied during year 3)
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering (studied during year 4)
- Master of Science in Engineering Physics (studied during year 3)