7.5 ECTS credits
The aim of the course is to give the basic knowledge of how surfaces of solid materials are built, which special properties they have and which processes take place at surfaces. The course treats the atomic structure of surfaces, the electronic structure of surfaces, metal-semiconductor interfaces, hetero structure, adsorption, chemical reactions and growth on surfaces, as well as the experimental methods used for investigating them.
Progressive specialisation: A1N (has only first‐cycle course/s as entry requirements)
Education level: Master's level
Admission requirements: Mathematics, 35 ECTS cr, and Physics, 60 ECTS cr, plus the courses Solid State Physics, 7.5 ECTS cr, and Quantum Physics II, 7.5 ECTS cr, or the equivalent.
Selection is usually based on your grade point average from upper secondary school or the number of credit points from previous university studies, or both.
This course is included in the following programme
- Engineering: Engineering Physics (studied during year 4)
- Master of Science in Engineering Physics (studied during year 4)
- Master of Science in Engineering, Degree Programme in Engineering Physics (studied during year 1)
- Start Spring 2019
- Mode of study Campus
- Language English, if required by international students
- Course code FYAE03
- Application code KAU-32336
- Study pace 50% (Day)
- Study period week 14–23