Bestoun S Ahmed Al-Beywanee
My research activities span the following directions:
- Quality Assurance: Quality aspects of IoT systems.
- Software Testing: Mutation testing, Regression testing, Interaction testing, GUI interaction testing, Automated testing, Smart TV app testing.
- Test Generation algorithms : Combinatorial interaction tools, statistical test generation.
- Quality Assurance of IoT Systems: Quality aspects of IoT systems.
- Software Engineering: Software module clustering, Cloud computing, Mobile app development.
- Applied Soft Computing: Optimizations in software engineering, control parameter optimization, combinatorial optimization and its applications
Bestoun S. Ahmed, starts working as a Senior Lecturer at the department on January 14th. He obtained his BSc in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from the University of Salahaddin-Erbil in 2004, his MSc degree from University Putra Malaysia (UPM) in 2009, and his Ph.D. degree from University Sains Malaysia (USM), Software Engineering, in 2012. He worked as a research fellow at the Software Engineering Research Group in the Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM). His next engagement was as a senior lecturer at the Salahaddin University. He completed his postdoctoral research position in the Swiss AI lab at IDSIA (Istituto di Molle di Studi s Intelliigenziale), Lugano, Switzerland. He also worked as an Assistant Professor at the Czech Technical University in Prague.