Library card / Kau card for students
As a new student you don’t have to get a separate library card, you use the Kau-card as a "library card". The PIN you choose for your KAU card is the same that you use to borrow or reserve books.
If you need to borrow before you have obtained your Kau card, you can turn to the Information desks on floor 2 or 3. You can get an account by showing a valid ID, and also your t-number if you are an exchange student. You will be asked to choose a 4-digit PIN code and remember to select the same PIN code as you choose when applying for the KAU card.
The KAU card + PIN code entitles you to:
- borrow books
- extend the loan period on borrowed books (if there is no reservation)
- make a loan request
You borrow your books in the self-check machines on floor 2 or 3. There are two different ways of borrowing:
- Use your KAU card + PIN code
- Type your Swedish ID-number (10 digits) + PIN code
The borrowing period is open-ended. The guaranteed loan period for all books, except course reference, is 14 days. If there are no reservations it is possible to keep a book for 60 days.
Fines for overdue books
- Reserved books - SEK 20 per book and day.
- Course reference book borrowed and not returned before 00.00 the same day: SEK 250 per day
- Read more about Fees & charges
E-mail notices are sent:
- If a book is recalled and the return date changes.
- A reserved book is available.
- A book is overdue.