Teaching and working from home during the rest of the autumn term2020-11-17
Värmland has received stricter general guidelines and Karlstad University is adapting teaching and research accordingly. In line with this, all activities will as far as possible take place remotely.
A vice-chancellor’s decision was made on Monday following the new stricter general guidelines for Värmland County from the Public Health Agency. Karlstad University is taking its responsibility to help reduce the spread of infection. At the same time, the university needs to continue conducting activities of high quality, accessibility and legal certainty, as well as meeting the health and safety requirements for staff and students.
- Our duty is to conduct teaching and research of high quality at the same time as we need to contribute to reducing the spread of infection, says Vice-Chancellor Johan Sterte.
- We follow the Public Health Agency’s guidelines and are now trying to ensure that as much as possible of our activities can take place using digital means so that students and staff do not have to be physically present on campus. This applies to campus both in Karlstad and Ingesund in Arvika.
- It is important that we take these guidelines seriously and make sure that we work and study from home as much as possible, says Johan Sterte.
Following the Public Health Agency’s decision on local general guidelines for Värmland County, Karlstad University needs to adapt its activities in accordance with these new guidelines.
- As a general rule, teaching and examination should take place remotely during the rest of the autumn term 2020.
- Employees should only work on campus in Karlstad and Ingesund in Arvika when this is necessary for the university’s operations. The immediate head decides who should work on site and whether any business trips are necessary, taking account of the needs of the university and the Public Health Agency’s general guidelines.
- All meetings, activities, conferences, etc., should take place remotely. In cases where this is not possible, the activity should be postponed or cancelled.
- Employees should refrain completely from business trips that are not absolutely necessary.
The decision is effective from 16 November and until further notice. Karlstad University is prepared to adapt quickly to any new recommendations from the Government and the Public Health Agency.