Students at Karlstad Business School chose to travel greener2023-04-19
Johan Renault, master program student in marketing, how was your green journey to Schwäbisch Hall in Germany?
- The journey went extremely well. It was fun to drive down all together, and we got to know each other along the way since we did not know each other before, so it was really fun. We stopped a few times along the way, but it actually didn’t feel that long when driving down all together, and we didn’t get bored. Also, the Erasmus Grant for green travelling of course was a big reason for choosing to drive, but it felt good to be able to take a greener alternative to travel instead of flying.
What activities, workshops, visit have you participated in during the week?
- There were quite a lot of activities during the week. At the beginning of the week all universities had to present their countries, and universities so that people could get an insight of where you came from and how it is to study for instance in here at Karlstad. Then they had organized activities in order to get to know the participants during the week, like sports activities and pub crawls so it was really fun. We also had the opportunity to go to Stuttgart on one of the days to discover the city and we got a guided tour of the Mercedes-Benz Museum which was really cool. They also had organized an international evening where we ate traditional German food and had a few beers so it was really nice.
Who have you been working and studying with?
- We got divided into different groups of students all coming from different countries. I got to work with a great group of people, one coming from England, another from Germany, Austria, and Spain, and those were the people in my group but during the week you got to meet people coming from all across Europe so it was really fun.
Can you describe the project you have completed for Mercedes-Benz?
- The project was for Mercedes-Benz data and the task at hand was to come up with, and to present a communication concept in order to increase the customer’s willingness to share their data. So, we were introduced to the task in the beginning of the week and we got a specific target group that Mercedes-Benz had identified and our task was to come with a plan and communication concept in order to get them to share their data. It was really great to get to work on a real case and then get the opportunity to present it to the company as well.
What has been a highlight for you?
- I’d say the highlight was meeting new people coming from different backgrounds and countries, but also to be able to work with a real-life business case.