Edgardo Luna: CIDD Double Degree Scholarship Second-prize winner 20212021-12-06
Edgardo Luna is from El Salvador and has also lived in Mexico. Thanks to the double degree programme in Mathematics with Karlstad University and Università degli Studi dell’Aquila he has now also experienced living in Italy and Sweden.
- During the programme, I became fluent in Italian and learnt the basics of Swedish. At the moment, I am working as an academic writer for a university back in El Salvador. The next step in my career is to study a PhD.
What motivated you to apply for the CIDD Double Degree Scholarship?
- My main motivations were to explore two different study paths, and the experience of living in different European countries. Other motivations were to meet new people, and learn the ways of other cultures.
Could you tell us about your double degree experience?
- Improving my language skills has been one of the most valuable assets acquired during the double degree. Also, observing the different perspectives of my universities in how to address teaching. Academically, I appreciate the research skills I have developed. I would like to remark that I never felt alone during this journey. I met amazing people.
Do you recommend others to complete a double degree program?
- I fully recommend the experience of studying a double degree programme. Besides the ups and downs, the fact you have two degrees after your studies may be game changer in your curriculum vitae.
Describe your double degree experience in three words
- Challenging, enjoyable and rewarding.
Karlstad University is a full member of the CIDD (Consortium of International Double Degrees), which promotes international education and research and ensures quality in the Double Degree concept. Karlstad University is represented in the network by Karlstad Business School. This year the CIDD gave out a total of five scholarships to exceptional double degree students and Edgardo Luna received second prize.