Create a PDF file
When you have a final version of your thesis, (the cover, the thesis itself and all the appendixes you want to include) you need to create a PDF-file.
On the Library's computers
You can create a PDF-file on all the Library computers.
- Log in to the computer using your student account (KauID)
- Open your Word file (thesis)
- Select Save as PDF and choose where you want to save the file
On the Library computers you need to combine your Word documents before you create a PDF- file
On your computer
Mac OS X
Mac OS X has PDF-printing built in. Select Print from the File menu in the application your using to write your thesis. Choose Save to PDF.. in the PDF-menu in the lower left corner.
If you don't have an Adobe programme which can create PDF-files installed on your computer, you can download one of the following free programmes to your computer.
- PrimoPDF Click on Download and install the programme. When you want to create a pdf file you follow the same steps than when you want to print a Word document, but instead you select PrimoPDF as your “printer”. PrimoPDF will be available as a printing alternative after you have installed the software correctly.
- PDF Online You can use this programme to create a pdf document online, without having to download a programme. However, you do need to create an account and supply an e-mail address to which your finished document is then sent. It is possible to create one pdf file at a time and then combine two pdf files to create a single pdf document.