Open access deal - SAGE
The Bibsam agreement with SAGE enables KaU researchers free open access publishing with nearly all SAGE's hybrid journals. In addition, for SAGE's fully open access journals KaU researchers will receive 20% discount to the article processing charge. The agreement covers articles accepted for publishing from 1 January 2020.
How does it work?
The package offered - SAGE Premier - contains 1,117 journals in humanities, social sciences, and life sciences. 198 of these journals are fully open access.
All articles will be handled via the SAGE manuscript central, SAGE Open Access Portal (SOAP).
Workflow hybrid journals
- When a manuscript has been accepted for publishing you as corresponding author will receive an e-mail informing you that the article can be published open access through the Bibsam agreement. You will then be guided to SOAP.
- In SOAP, open access publishing will be the preselected option for you.
- If you choose open access, CC BY will be the only license available through the system. If you would like another license you must contact SAGE.
Workflow fully open access journals
- The discount 20% will automatically be deducted and show as "Bibsam consortium discount".
- CC BY-license can vary depending on title.