Local test (LI-test) in Folk music
Applicants to main instrument or vocal in the folk music genre are required to partake in the local entrance test (L-test) described below by submitting a video where they play/sing. (Updated April 7)
Applicants should prepare three tunes/songs (three separate video clips) of their choice, for instance, a Swedish polka, a folk song, a song from Ireland or a Norwegian ‘halling’, by 24 April 11:59 pm at the latest. Note that it should be performed without accompaniment.
INTRUCTIONS AND CRITERIA FOR VIDEOS
In order for the videos to be approved, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- At the start of the video, the applicant should show their face and valid ID. Applicants should also clearly state which piece they are going to play or sing.
- The camera should be placed so that both face and hands are visible throughout the clip.
- The video should be an uninterrupted clip from beginning to end, it is not allowed to make edits.
- Each video should be a maximum of 10 minutes long.
- Recommended file formats: MP4, MOV, AVI (or equivalent via mobile phone camera).
Should we discover that criteria are not being met or that the video or sound has been modified in any way, the applicant’s video can be regarded as invalid.
Instructions on how to submit your video will be sent separately via e-mail after 15 April.