Project work on simulation and modelling
7.5 ECTS credits
The student trains the application of the finite element method (FEM) and different material models. A project assignment is solved by the development of a product where FEM analysis and calculation of its shape is made. The project work result is demonstrated in a report and an oral presentation.
Progressive specialisation: A1N (has only first‐cycle course/s as entry requirements)
Education level: Master's level
Admission requirements: Mechanical Engineering, 75 ECTS Credits, including 15 ECTS Credits in courses in materials engineering, 7.5 ECTS Credits solid mechanics, and 7.5 ECTS Credits finite element methods, or the equivalent.
Selection is usually based on your grade point average from upper secondary school or the number of credit points from previous university studies, or both.
This course is included in the following programme
- Engineering: Mechanical Engineering, spec. in Materials Engineering (studied during year 4)
- Master Programme in Mechanical Engineering with specialisation in Materials Engineering (studied during year 1)
- Master of Science in Engineering, Degree Programme in Mechanical Engineering, specialisation in Materials Engineering (studied during year 1)
- Start Spring 2019
- Mode of study Campus
- Language English, if required by international students
- Course code MTAD14
- Application code KAU-31755
- Study pace 50% (Day)
- Study period week 14–23