Karlstad University is responsible for this website and we want as many people as possible to be able to use it. This is a statement of accessibility regarding www.kau.se and our plans to rectify the problems. You will also find information about how to contact us if you find any problems.
How accessible is the website?
We are aware that some parts of the website are not fully accessible.
What should you do if you cannot use certain sections of the website?
If you need content from kau.se that is not accessible to you, please email us. The average response time is one week.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Report problems with website accessibility
We are constantly working to improve the website’s accessibility. If you find issues that are not mentioned on this page or if you feel that we do not meet the legal requirements, please let us know and we will try to find a solution.
- Send an email to email@example.com
Under the Act on the Accessibility of Digital Public Services (Lag (2018:1937) om tillgänglighet till digital offentlig service), the Agency for Digital Government (DIGG) is responsible for supervision. If you are not satisfied with our response to your concerns, contact the agency and inform them of this.
- Contact The Agency for Digital Government (information in Swedish)
Technical information about the website’s accessibility
Not all parts of this website comply with the Act on the Accessibility of Digital Public Services, as described below.
Content that is not accessible
We are aware that we have currently not managed to fulfil all the criteria in the WCAG.
- Certain documents on the website have not been made accessible. These will gradually be updated and replaced.
- There is no website map to help users navigate the website.
- Several videos posted on our websites before 23 September 2020 lack audio description.
- While awaiting instructions on how to make audio files accessible in a text format, research podcast Forskningspodden will continue to be posted without transcriptions.
- We have not provided audio description or subtitles for all videos on our social media.
- The online forms on the websites have some accessibility issues.
- Parts of the websites do not comply with accessible code principles. We have begun to take action to correct these problems.
- Some external integrated systems do not comply with the accessibility principles.
We will keep working continuously to correct the problems that exist at kau.se. There may be additional content on the website that is not accessible.
How was the website tested?
We conducted a self-assessment (internal test) of kau.se and commissioned an independent review supported by external accessibility experts.
The most recent assessment was conducted 25 June 2020.
The website was published in June 2016.
The statement was most recently updated on 16 February 2021.