Graduation ceremonies at Karlstad University are arranged twice a year.
At the graduation ceremony, we celebrate students who have completed their studies and taken a well-deserved degree at Karlstad University. The ceremonies are arranged in May and November every year.
Graduation ceremony 17-18 November
Welcome to the Graduation ceremony! The invitation is extended to all students who have graduated April 2023, or who plan to submit their request for a degree certificate before 5 October, in one of the fields listed below. The ceremony takes place in Aula Magna on six separate occasions on 17-18 November.
- Bachelor of Arts in Education/Master of Arts in Education (Lärarexamen)
- Bachelor of Arts / Science / Social Science (Kandidatexamen)
- Degree of Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene (Tandhygienistexamen)
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Högskoleingenjörsexamen)
- Bachelor of Science in Social Work (Socionomexamen)
- Degree of Master of Laws (Juristexamen)
- Degree of Master of Science in Psychology (Psykologexamen)
- Higher Education Diploma (Högskoleexamen)
- Master of Science in Business and Economics (Civilekonomexamen)
- Master of Science in Engineering (Civilingenjörsexamen)
- Master (60 credits)/ Master (120 credits) (Magister- and masterexamen)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Specialist Nursing (Specialistsjuksköterskeexamen)
The Graduation Ceremony is arranged twice a year. Your name and those of your fellow-students will be called and you will receive a graduation gift (glass apple) from Karlstad University when attending the ceremony. The glass apple was designed by Ragnar Klenell, an artist from Värmland specialised in glasswork.
It would please us greatly if you would attend this ceremony and you are welcome to bring up to three guests. After the ceremony, Karlstad’s Kommun invite all guests to join a coffee and cake mingling.
Registration for the ceremony
Your degree certificate will be issued and sent to you by e-mail from the Degree Office upon application. Application is to be made via “My Kau”.
AUTUMN GRADUATION CEREMONY
Students who fail to meet the 5 October deadline are welcome to attend the ceremony in spring 2024 (May). Registration will open in February.
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT GRADUATION CEREMONY, AND FAQ
Requirements for attending the graduation ceremony are that
- the student has signed up for the ceremony via a link on this web page no later than the last day for registration, which will be shown in the invitation.
- the student has applied for a degree certificate before last day of registration and meets the degree requirements. It is, however, not a requirement that the certificate has been issued.
Students who have signed up but realise during the winter, for instance, that they will not be able to meet the degree requirements can cancel their registration for the ceremony and may then attend a graduation ceremony at a later date.
After last day of registration, the degree officer at the Office for Student Affairs makes sure that all students who have signed up for the ceremony meet the requirements by checking that students who have not yet been issued a degree certificate meet the requirements for the degree requested. Students who fail to meet the requirements in time are welcome to attend a later ceremony when requirements are met.
Day of the Ceremony
The entrances to the Aula Magna hall are opened 30 minutes before time, and students and guests should preferably be seated about 20 minutes before the start of the event.
Students are assigned reserved seats in the front rows of the hall and accompanying guests are seated further back in the hall. Staff members will show students and guests to their seats.
During the ceremony, students being awarded the same or equivalent degree are called to the stage by name in alphabetical order. They receive a gift (a glass apple) for graduating from Karlstad University and for attending the ceremony. The ceremony is framed by speeches and music performances.
Attendance is free of charge. The glass apple is only presented to students attending the ceremony. The event takes around 75 minutes.
After the ceremony, students and their guests are invited to a 20 to 40-minute coffee and cake mingle in Transformum, courtesy of Karlstad Municipality. Please state any allergies on the registration form.