Graduation ceremonies at Karlstad University are arranged twice a year - in May and November.
At the graduation ceremony, we celebrate students who have completed their studies and taken a well-deserved degree at Karlstad University.
Graduation ceremonies 2024:
- Next graduation ceremony will be held 17-18 May 2024 in Aula Magna, for students who graduate before 12 April-24.
For more information and registration link, see below.
- Autumn graduation will be held 15-16 November 2024. Registration will open beginning of July (for students who graduate before October-24).
Graduation ceremony 17-18 May
The invitation is extended to all students who have graduated after October 2023, or who plan to submit their request for a degree certificate before 12 April, in one of the fields listed below. The ceremony takes place in Aula Magna on three or four separate occasions on 17-18 May.
- Bachelor of Arts / Science / Social Science (Kandidatexamen)
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Högskoleingenjörsexamen)
- Bachelor of Science in Social Work (Socionomexamen)
- Bachelor of Arts in Education/Master of Arts in Education (Lärarexamen)
- Higher Education Diploma (Högskoleexamen)
- Master (60 credits) /Magisterexamen
- Degree of Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene (Tandhygienistexamen)
- Master (120 credits) / Masterexamen
- Master of Science in Business and Economics (Civilekonomexamen)
- Master of Science in Engineering (Civilingenjörsexamen)
- Degree of Master of Laws (Juristexamen)
- Degree of Master of Science in Psychology (Psykologexamen)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Specialist Nursing (Specialistsjuksköterskeexamen)
The Graduation Ceremony is arranged twice a year. Your name and those of your fellow-students will be called and you will receive a graduation gift (glass apple) from Karlstad University when attending the ceremony. The glass apple was designed by Ragnar Klenell, an artist from Värmland specialised in glasswork.
It would please us greatly if you would attend this ceremony and you are welcome to bring up to three guests. After the ceremony, Karlstad’s Kommun invite all guests to join a coffee and cake mingling.
REGISTRATION FOR THE CEREMONY
You apply for a degree certificate via My Kau/Ladok for students. The degree certificate is digital and can be retrieved via Ladok for students after it has been issued.
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT GRADUATION CEREMONY, AND FAQ
Requirements for attending the graduation ceremony are that
- the student has signed up for the ceremony via a link on this web page no later than the last day for registration, which will be shown in the invitation.
- the student has applied for a degree certificate before last day of registration and meets the degree requirements. It is, however, not a requirement that the certificate has been issued.
Students who have signed up but realise during the winter, for instance, that they will not be able to meet the degree requirements can cancel their registration for the ceremony and may then attend a graduation ceremony at a later date.
After last day of registration, the degree officer at the Office for Student Affairs makes sure that all students who have signed up for the ceremony meet the requirements by checking that students who have not yet been issued a degree certificate meet the requirements for the degree requested. Students who fail to meet the requirements in time are welcome to attend a later ceremony when requirements are met.
Day of the Ceremony
The entrances to the Aula Magna hall are opened 30 minutes before time, and students and guests should preferably be seated about 20 minutes before the start of the event.
Students are assigned reserved seats in the front rows of the hall and accompanying guests are seated further back in the hall. Staff members will show students and guests to their seats.
During the ceremony, students being awarded the same or equivalent degree are called to the stage by name in alphabetical order. They receive a gift (a glass apple) for graduating from Karlstad University and for attending the ceremony. The ceremony is framed by speeches and music performances.
Attendance is free of charge. The glass apple is only presented to students attending the ceremony. The event takes around 75 minutes.
After the ceremony, students and their guests are invited to a 20 to 40-minute coffee and cake mingle in Transformum, courtesy of Karlstad Municipality. Please state any allergies on the registration form.