Inspera Assessment is Karlstad University’s service for digital on-campus examinations.
Students are responsible for reading the information below and to prepare their computers before having a digital on-campus exam in Inspera.
Prepare for a digital on-campus exams
Use My Kau to sign up for exams
You must always sign up for an on-campus exam. You sign up for exams in My Kau.
Preparations for digital on-campus exams using your own computer
Update and restart
Make sure that your computer is updated to the latest version of your operating system and restart your computer before your exam.
Demo exam and Safe Exam Browser
Your computer needs a secure web browser called Safe Exam Browser (SEB), which is used to run the exam itself. If you have a Chromebook you need to pre-book a loan computer (see further down on this page).
Follow these steps to install Safe Exam Browser.
- Download Safe Exam Browser from Inspera - not anywhere else.
- Make sure that you don't have the Steam client and Teamviewer (remote access and remote control computer software) installed on your computer.
- Log into Inspera in your regular web browser.
- Click the heading labelled "Demo tests".
- Choose "Demo exam" and then "Click here to get ready".
- If you have not yet downloaded Safe Exam Browser, click "Download".
- Choose whether you want to download Safe Exam Browser for Windows or Mac.
- Follow the instructions to install Safe Exam Browser.
- Lastly, click "Allow" and the demo exam is up and running.
- When you have downloaded and installed Safe Exam Browser on your computer, you can use it during any future exams using Inspera.
At the exam, it is vital that you are connected to the correct Wi-Fi. The network settings on your computer may have to be adjusted. Your computer must be connected to the network Eduroam, be set to "Reconnect automatically", and you have to forget previous networks you have been connected to at the university, such as KAU-GUEST. This is important in order to prevent problems with your connection to Inspera.
Make sure to set your Wi-Fi when you are at the university, preferably a few days before the exam. If you need help connecting to the network or experience any problems, we recommend that you contact the student support located at the Welcome Centre.
HOW TO LOG IN
- Network: eduroam
- Username: Your Student Account (NetID) followed by @student.kau.se,
- example email@example.com (no spaces)
- Password: The same as to your student account
Borrow a computer
If you do not have access to a computer or own a Chromebook, you have to sign up to borrow a computer no later than eight days before the exam. The computer you have booked will be prepared with everything needed and will be present at the location for the exam. The number of computers available to borrow is limited and they are intended for students who does not have access to a computer of their own. You cannot book a computer here for a digital on-campus exams at study centres.
- Borrow a computer (book no later than eight days before the exam)
The day of the exam
- Bring your computer as well as the power cord belonging to it.
- Arrive at the place for the examination 30 minutes before it starts. If there are computers not prepared for the exam, it cannot start on time.
- Show your ID to the invigilator.
- Turn of your phone. This is vital, since mobile phones can affect the network in the room.
- Find your assigned seat and put away your jacket, phone, bag and such.
- Shut down all programmes on your computer to ensure the best performance during the exam.
- Connect to the Eduroam Wi-Fi and set the computer to automatically reconnect.
- Open a web browser and go to kau.inspera.com
- Choose to login with you KauID and enter your user name and password.
- You will find you exam under the heading “My tests”.
- When the invigilator gives you the password, you can access the exam.
In case of any technical problems during the exam, you will receive help from staff present at the exam, or an IT engineer will be called upon.
Your graded exam
When the exam has been graded and the result is published in Ladok, it will be available through Inspera.
- Log in to Inspera with your KauID.
- Click on "Archive".
- Find the exam and click on "See more details".
- You have three options to view the graded exam:
- "View without downloading". View your answers as it looked while you did the exam. If the teacher chose to, you may also see the correct answers on multiple choice questions.
- "Download as PDF". Save or print the graded exam in PDF format. If the teacher chose to, you may also see the marks on each question.
- "Questions have been commented". If the teacher has made comments on at least one question you may see them by clicking the link and choose a question. By clicking the smal arrow in the upper right corner you may see comments as annotations and page notes.