My research interests are in real and functional analysis on topics connected with maximal functions, spaces of functions of bounded variation, weighted inequalities. Recently, I have been working with problems related to factorizations and dual of weighted Cesaro spaces and spaces of functions of bounded variation.
I teach mainly courses which are part of the Civil Engineering and Engineering programms, e.g. differential and integral calculus or several variable calculus. I have also taught courses in the programm of teaching education and I am involved in supervising students from this programm for their final exam.
University of Barcelona
Charles University of Prague
Luleå Technical University
Docent in Mathematics, Karlstad University, 2009.
PhD in Mathematics,”Weighted Multidimensional Integral Inequalities and Applications”, Luleå University of Technology, Sweden, advisor Professor Lars- Erik Persson, (2000). Licentiate in Mathematics,”Some Sharp Multidimensional Integral Inequalities”, Luleå University of Technology, Sweden, advisor Professor Lars- Erik Persson (1997).
M.Sc. in Mathematics, University of Bucharest, Romania (1985-1989).
- (Joint with L.-E. Persson, J. Soria), Sharp weighted multidimensional integral inequalities for monotone functions, Math. Nachr., 210 (2000), 43--58.
- (Joint with L.-E. Persson, V. D. Stepanov), On weighted multidimensional embeddings for monotone functions, Math. Scand., 88 (2001), no. 2, 303--319.
- (Joint with L.-E. Persson, N. Popa), A matriceal analogue of Fejer’s theory, Math. Nachr., 260 (2003), 14--20.
- (Joint with L.-E. Persson, J. Soria), Multidimensional rearrangement and Lorentz spaces, Acta Math. Hungar. , 104 (2004), no.3, 203--224.
- (Joint with V. Lie, N. Popa), Approximation of infinite matrices by matricial Haar polynomials, Ark. Mat., 43 (2005), no.2, 251--269.
- (Joint with Anna Kaminska, L.-E. Persson, J. Soria) Mixed norm and multidimensional Lorentz spaces, Positivity, 10 (2006), no. 3, 539--554.
- (Joint with N. Arcozzi, J.L. Garcia- Domingo, J. Soria) Hardy’s inequalities for monotone functions on partly ordered measure spaces, Proc. Roy. Soc. Edinburgh Sect. A, 136 (2006), no. 5, 909--919.
- (Joint with V. Kolyada, J. Soria), Sharp constants related to the triangle inequality in Lorentz spaces, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 361 (2009), 5555-5574.
- (Joint with J. Soria), Sharp constants between equivalent norms in weighted Lorentz spaces, J. Aust. Math. Soc. Vol. 88, Issue 01, Feb 2010, pp19-27.
- (Joint with C. Niculescu) Strong and weak weighted norm inequalities for the geometric fractional maximal operator, Bull. Aust. Math. Soc. 86 (2012), no. 2, 205–215.