I am a condensed matter physicist with strong interest on renewable and clean energy science. My research group employs density functional theory, along with molecular dynamics and Monte Carlo simulations, to investigate physical-chemical processes in condensed matter that are relevant for energy conversion and storage. More specifically, we are interested on scientific problems in the field of soft condensed matter, polymer physics, operando spectroscopy, battery materials, photo-electro-catalysis and photovoltaics.
- Computational Physics
- Solid State Physics
Docent Moyses Araujo received his PhD degree, in Condensed Matter Physics, from Uppsala University (UU). Thereafter, he has held a postdoc position at the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) in Stockholm with a distinguished scholarship from the Swedish Research Council (VR). As a recognition of his work in Sweden, he has won three research awards, viz. Benzelius prize (from the Royal Society of Sciences in Uppsala), Ångstrom Premium (UU), and Bjurzon’s Premium (the highest award for PhD thesis at UU). In 2011, he has moved for a postdoc in USA, at Yale University, with a prestigious scholarship from the Yale Climate and Energy Institute (YCEI). In 2012, he has returned to Sweden as researcher at UU and in 2014 he has started his independent research group in the same institution with support from VR through the Young Researcher Grant. In 2018 he has become Docent in Physics at Uppsala University. From September 2020, he has joint Karlstad University as universitetslektor/Associate Professor in condensed matter theory.
- Cleber F. N. Marchiori, M. Ebadi, Rodrigo P. de Carvalho, Daniel Brandell
and C. Moyses Araujo “Understanding the electrochemical stability of solid polymer electrolytes from atomic-scale modelling”
Chemistry of Materials, 32, 7237-7246 (2020).
- J. L. Silva ... C. Moyses Araujo “X-ray Photoelectron Fingerprints of High-valent Ruthenium–oxo Complexes Along the Oxidation Reaction Pathway in Aqueous Environment” J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 10, 7636 (2019).
- Mahsa Ebadi, Cleber Marchiori, Jonas Mindemark, Daniel Brandell and C. Moyses Araujo “Assessing Structure and Stability of Polymer/Lithium-Metal Interfaces from First-Principles Calculations” J. Mater. Chem. A 7, 8394 (2019).
- Palas Baran Pati, Giane Damas, Lei Tian, Daniel LA Fernandes, Lei Zhang, Ilknur Bayrak Pehlivan, Tomas Edvinsson, C Moyses Araujo and Haining Tian “An experimental and theoretical study of an efficient polymer nano-photocatalyst for hydrogen evolution” Energy & Environmental Science 10, 1372-1376 (2017)
- C. Moyses Araujo et al. “Disorder-induced Room Temperature Ferromagnetism in Chromite Thin Films” Scientific Reports 4, 4684 (2014).
- C. Moyses Araujo et al. “Fuel selection for regenerative organic fuel cell/flow battery: thermodynamics consideration” Energy & Environmental Science 5, 9534 (2012).
- Lele Duan, C. Moyses Araujo, Marten Ahlquist, and Licheng Sun “Highly Efficient and Robust Molecular Ruthenium Catalysts for Water Oxidation” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of USA (PNAS) 109, 15584 (2012).
- C. Moyses Araujo et al. “Room temperature ferromagnetism in pristine MgO thin films” Applied Physics Letters 96, 232505 (2010).
- C. Moyses Araujo, A. Blomqvist, Ralph H. Scheicher, and R. Ahuja, “Superionicity in the Hydrogen Storage Material Li2NH: Molecular Dynamics Simulations” Physical Review B 79, 172101 (2009).