About research data
Research data is all data on which research results and conclusions are based. This may include raw experimental data, interview data, statistical analyses, data code or videos.
RESEARCH DATA MANAGEMENT
The research data management process spans the entire life cycle of a research project. It includes collection, documentation, processing, storing, sharing and archiving. Future use of the material is facilitated by working in a structured manner and making the data accessible.
Benefits of good research data management practices:
- Easy to find and understand data when needed in the future
- Continuity in the research project despite any staffing changes
- Easy validation of data on which research publications are based
- Facilitating the sharing and re-use of data
- Increasing the visibility and citations of the research
Contact the research data group for support.
FAQ about research data
You'll find the answers to frequently asked questions to the right under documents.