G1 – Vocal and instrument skills
The G1-test is performed remotely by recording video clips and submitting them to us.
Choose and prepare one (1) mandatory song and one (1) song of your own choice to perform to your own piano or guitar accompaniment.
You sing a mandatory song and a song of your own choice to your own piano or guitar accompaniment. The test is assessed by a jury according to the criteria below. The test should be recorded on video and submitted to us by Tuesday 25 April 2023 at 16.00 at the latest. Instructions regarding ID check and how to submit your videos will be sent via email after 17 April.
MANDATORY SONG, KEY OF YOUR OWN CHOICE:
- “Fattig bonddräng” – Music: Georg Riedel, Text: Astrid Lindgren
Examples of where you can find sheet music for Fattig bonddräng:
- Hahne, I. (ed.) (2019). Svenska visor: den röda samlingen. (Ed. 3). [Danderyd]: Notfabriken, p. 380
- Lindgren, A. (1987). Astrids bästa! [innehåller 32 sånger ur: Karlsson på taket, Madicken, Mio min Mio, Pippi Långstrump, Emil i Lönneberga, Kalle Blomqvist, Rasmus på luffen, Ronja Rövardotter]. Stockholm: Sweden Music, p. 11
- Palm, A. & Stenström, J. (eds.) (1999). Barnens svenska sångbok. Stockholm: Bonnier, p. 29
- Riedel, G. & Lindgren, A. (2006). [Emil i Lönneberga] samtliga melodier. Gehrmans musikförlag: Gazell Music, p. 14
- Österberg, G. (ed.) (1997). Stora önskesångsboken 3. Esbo: Fazer, p. 14
INSTRUCTIONS AND CRITERIA FOR VIDEOS
In order for the video to be approved, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Each video should be a maximum of 10 minutes long and start with an introduction of the song you will perform.
- The video should be an uninterrupted clip from beginning to end, it is not allowed to make edits.
- You must be able to hear the applicant clearly throughout the clip.
- You must be able to see the content of the video clearly. The camera should be placed so that both face and hands are visible throughout the clip.
- The recordings should be uploaded using the following file formats: MP4 or MOV (or equivalent via mobile phone camera).
Should we discover that the criteria are not being met or that the video or sound has been modified in any way, the applicant’s video can be regarded as invalid.
For a satisfactory result, you should be able to:
- sing a song of your choice to your own piano or guitar accompaniment
- demonstrate basic vocal skills regarding intonation, fluency and musical expression
- demonstrate basic skills in technique, fluency and musical expression in accompaniment.
The total result of the G1-tests is assessed as Satisfactory or Unsatisfactory.