REPERTOIRE AND TASKS FOR MAIN INSTRUMENT VIOLA
As main instrument test, applicants will record and submit videos through file transfer online, latest Thursday 18 February 2021. You maybe choose to play with or without accompaniment. It is also fine to record with a pre-recorded accompaniment.
(updated 25 January 2021)
The Main instrument test for VIOLA consists of you sending in FOUR videos:
- The first movement up to the recapitulation of Schubert’s Arpeggione Sonata, the first movement with cadenza from Stamitz’s concerto in D major, or the first movement with cadenza from Hoffmeister’s concerto in D major
- A movement from Bach’s cello suites of your own choice
- A piece or movement from of different style and from different time period.
INSTRUCTIONS AND CRITERIA FOR VIDEOS
- Start your video by identifying yourself – record your id-card and your face. You must also clearly state which piece you will perform in the recording. For the video to be considered valid, your face and hands must be visible at all the time.
- The length of all the videos combined should not exceed 20 minutes and each video should be maximum 6 minutes long. If any of your pieces are longer than that, you may yourself choose the 6 minutes what best represents your talents and skills.
- Each video should be filmed in one shooting. No clips or other technical edits are allowed.
- The sound has to be in good quality, and you as main player has to be heard clearly all the time.
- Good image quality with light and good sharpness.
- The recordings should be uploaded in MP4 or MOV formats.
If the instructions are not followed and the recordings are in any way perceived to have been modified, your submitted work samples will be deemed invalid.
Instructions on how to submit your videos will be in separate information via email after January 15th, 2021.