Henrik Nilsson, alumni economics
What do you work with?
- I work as a senior consultant at Virtusa. It is an international IT consultant company listed on Nasdaq in the US with 19 000 employees all over the world that works within bank, insurance, telecom, health care as well as media and entertainment. In Sweden, Virtusa is focused primarily on bank and insurance. Currently, I am involved in a project within the bank sector with focus on RPA (Robotic Process Automation).
Why did you choose to study the master's programme in economics?
- Like many others I have walked in the footsteps of one of my parents. My father worked in the bank sector for many years and it became natural for me to apply to an education that gave the opportunity to work within the same sector. The reason for choosing master’s in economics was mostly because of the interest of creating an understanding over how the economy links together.
Do you find your education useful?
- Absolutely! I have learned a critical approach to my surroundings. That is an important attribute within the profession of consulting. I also have an understanding for the bank sector, its structure and concept which facilitates my everyday work.
What tips would you like to the current students?
- Make the most of the knowledge that the teachers have, they will teach you a lot that will be beneficial in your working life. It is important to have fun and choose classes and thesis topic with care.
How do you look at the future?
- It looks bright! Virtusa is in an expanding phase, which will give me as an employee the opportunity to work with many exciting projects and people, both nationally and internationally. It gives me the opportunity to grow with the company, which I am excited about