Karlstad Business School is part of Karlstad University and we share the same core values: “A democratic approach, gender equality and diversity is the foundation of our organization. Being open, close and considerate characterize our environment and way of working. Our goal is to contribute towards a socially, environmentally and financially sustainable social development.”
Karlstad Business School is influential and highly visible in society - the first choice for students, employees, and partners.
"We educate responsible professionals and conduct research with high societal impact."
We define a responsible professional as a person who makes an impact in society through knowledge, shared thoughts and actions with consideration given to following sustainable social, environmental, and economic values. Our areas of expertise are management and analysis of organizations and their stakeholders, with particular excellence in service research.
The overall strategic goals for Karlstad Business School are:
- We offer the labour market competent and responsible professionals
- To attract students to apply and invest in our business school
- To expand executive education with synergies to education.
- Our education are co-producing knowledge and abilities that makes an impact in private/public organizations
- To provide opportunities to make impact in academia, private/public organizations and society at large
- To educate employable students with high academic standard.
- Our research is competitive with leading business schools in our areas of expertise
- To identify challenges that exist at a local, national, and global level that we should be addressing in our research
- Our researchers are co-producing knowledge and abilities that makes an impact in private and public organizations
- To support research, funding and applications
- We empower faculty with a variety of competencies and provide an open and vibrant environment
- To attract and retain teachers, researchers, and doctoral students of high standard
Our mission, expected outcomes, and overarching goals are reflected in our motto:
“Knowledge is worth nothing without the ability to use it.”