Karlstad Business School is part of Karlstad University and we share the same core values: “A democratic approach, gender equality and diversity is the foundation of our organization. Being open, close and considerate characterize our environment and way of working. Our goal is to contribute towards a socially, environmentally and financially sustainable social development.”
Karlstad Business School aims to be an influential business school that is highly visible in society and a top choice for students, employees, and partners.
We educate responsible professionals and conduct research with high societal impact.
We define a responsible professional as a person who makes an impact in society through knowledge, shared thoughts and actions with consideration given to following sustainable social, environmental, and economic values. Our areas of expertise are management and analysis of organizations and their stakeholders, with particular excellence in service research.
Our expected outcomes are formulated as:
• Offering the labor market competent, reflective, and responsible professionals
• Co-producing scientific knowledge and abilities that makes an impact in academia and in private/public organizations
• Co-producing research that makes an impact in academia and in private/public organizations.
We have defined three overarching goals to support our expected outcomes:
• To provide competitive learning opportunities and educate leadership qualities with high academic and professional qualifications
• To produce research competitive with leading Business Schools in our areas of expertise
• To empower a variety of competencies and provide an open and vibrant environment for faculty, staff, and students.
Our mission, expected outcomes, and overarching goals are reflected in our motto:
“Knowledge is worth nothing without the ability to use it.”