An Erasmus+ traineeship is normally offered within Europe. There is limited funding to support Erasmus+ traineeships outside Europe. This means that you can apply for an Erasmus+ scholarship, which will be approximately 510 - 615 Euros a month. You can carry out your practical placement at a company, organisation, or research and development centre in any country that is included in the Erasmus+ programme. You need to spend a minimum of two months and up to a maximum 12 months abroad to be eligible for a scholarship. Applications are submitted to and processed by the International Office. Where there is limited funding scholarships will be awarded on a first come first served basis.
- include the placement period in their degree at Karlstad University
- be a registered full-time student at Karlstad University at the time of application
- not be a recipient of any other EU scholarship or funding by the University and Higher Education Council (UHR)
- be registered on a course at Karlstad University, which allows practical placement/field studies abroad
- carry out a practical placement full-time for between 2 and 12 months (minimum 60 days)
- carry out a practical placement at one and the same workplace for a continuous period
- carry out a practical placement in a country, which is a covered by the Erasmus+ programme
Carrying out a practical placement at an EU institution, EU body or organisation handling EU programmes is not allowed as part of an Erasmus+ traineeship, this is to avoid possible conflicts of interest and/or double funding. Universities mainly financed by EU funds should also be avoided. A list of EU institutions and bodies is available via the following link:
A completed and signed registration form should be sent in to the International Office at least two months prior to departure and according to the following deadlines (1 February, 1 April, 1 June, 1 September, 1 November).
- Go to registration form
Fill in this form with your Karlstad University supervisor. The form can be signed electronically and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org for review. If approved, the International Office will email you further Erasmus+ documentation, which you should complete and return via email to email@example.com in order to receive your Erasmus+ scholarship.