An Erasmus+ traineeship is offered within Europe. This means that you can apply for an Erasmus+ scholarship, which will be approximately 510 - 615 Euros a month. You can carry out your practical placement at a company, organisation, or research and development centre in any European country that participates in the Erasmus+ programme. You need to spend a minimum of two months and up to a maximum 12 months abroad to be eligible for a scholarship. It is advisable to apply at least a month before you start the placement abroad. Applications are submitted to and processed in a chronological order by the International Office.
- include the placement period in their degree at Karlstad University
- be a registered full-time student at Karlstad University at the time of application.
- not be a recipient of any other EU scholarship or funding by the University and Higher Education Council (UHR).
- be registered on a course at Karlstad University, which allows practical placement/field studies abroad.
- carry out a practical placement full-time for between 2 and 12 months (minimum 60 days).
- carry out a practical placement at one and the same workplace for a continuous period.
- carry out a practical placement in a country, which is a member of the Erasmus+ programme in Europe.
Carrying out a practical placement at an EU institution, EU body or organisation handling EU programmes is not allowed as part of an Erasmus+ traineeship, this is to avoid possible conflicts of interest and/or double funding. Universities mainly financed by EU funds should also be avoided. Here is a link to a list of EU institutions and EU bodies.
A completed application should be handed in to the International Office at least one month prior to departure. The required documents are available in the menu to the right.
The application should include:
- Online Registration Form - See "Student Registration International Trainee (VFU) and Field Studies" on the menu to the right.
- Learning Agreement Traineeship - This form should be signed by the student, your supervisor at Karlstad University and the host organisation. The section “before departure” should be filled in when applying. The remaining sections will be completed during and after the practical placement period.
Fill in these forms with your Karlstad University supervisor. The forms can be signed electronically and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Decisions on Erasmus+ scholarships are processed within 14 days. If granted, a “Grant Agreement” will be sent to you, that is, a scholarship agreement to fill in and return to the International Office.