The Swedish IT-Security Network for PhD students
The Swedish IT-Security Network for PhD students (SWITS) was created in 2001.
- To enhance cooperation between Swedish PhD candidates and research labs
- To identify PhD courseware usable on national level and make these available to participating departments
- To identify existing PhD courses at Swedish Universities/ University Colleges and make them available for all students within the network
- To participate in the organization of compact IT security courses or summer schools for PhD students at international level and open them for all students of the network
- To share outside/expert lecturers
IT security researchers and research groups of the following Universities/University Colleges are part of the network: Karlstad University, Chalmers University of Technology, Stockholm University, KTH, Skövde University, Linköping University, Örebro Univeristy, Blekinge Institute of Technology, Luleå University.
Annual 2-days SWITS seminars are held each spring in which:
- Supervisors give an overview to their research areas
- Ph.D. students have the possibility to present their research work, to get feedback and inspirations from other students and supervisors
- Research methodologies in IT security are discussed
- Introductory tutorials are given