Below is information on the University’s physical safety, for example, fire protection and cardiac arrest emergencies, and documents on what to do in case of accident or death.
For questions, contact the university’s chief of security, Jan Gambring, tel. 054-700 18 80.
Suspected cardiac arrest
Karlstad University has three automatic external defibrillators: one at the Welcome Centre (building 1), one in the gym hall 7B 302, and one in the administration office at Ingesund School of Music. The documents to the right indicate the members of staff who are trained in CPR, and the routines to follow in case of a suspected cardiac arrest.
Systematic fire protection efforts are made continuously at the University in conjunction with the property owner, Akademiska Hus. There are automatic fire alarm systems in all premises. It is important that everyone knows what must and can be done in case of fire or at the sound of the fire alarm.
Below a simple plan of action to follow is provided as well as the university’s fire protection film, which informs about the fire protection in place and what to do in case of evacuation. All students and employees are recommended to watch the film.
Action plan in case of fire
First arrivals at the scene
- MOVE persons at direct risk to a safer place
- ALERT persons nearby – SHOUT FIRE!
- PRESS the fire alarm
- PUT OUT the fire if possible
- ISOLATE the fire
Evacuate in good time!
- Activate the fire alarm, if it hasn’t been done already
- Alert others close by – SHOUT!
- Phone 112 and give information to the rescue services
- Assist in putting out the fire/evacuating people
- Go to meet the rescue services
EVACUATE the premises
- take outdoor clothes and valuables with you
- take measures to reduce damage:
- close doors/windows
- save expensive equipment/objects
Here is a map of the assembly points to which students and staff should go in case of evacuation, depending on where you are at the university. The locations of the defibrillators are marked on the map. Se karta över återsamlingsplatser (see map of assembly points)