The Kau card is a multifunctional card, designed to increase security at the university, facilitate daily life for the card owner and effectivise the card management. The card is personal and has your photo, name and birth date (YYMMDD), but it is not valid as an ID.
There are four versions of the card, issued for students, staff, external staff or guests.
NEW TEMPORARY ROUTE FOR ORDERS OF KAU CARDS AND DELIVERIES
FOR STUDENTS WHO HAVE A KAU CARD SINCE PREVIOUSLY BUT NEED A NEW
The person logs into the order portal and blocks the card. Then you order a new one in the same portal. In this case, a new photo is not needed, but the old one is used for the new card.
FOR STUDENTS WHO DIDN'T HAVE A KAU CARD PREVIOUSLY
- The student orders his card as usual in the order portal.
Log in with your KauID and order your Kau card here
- The student emails email@example.com and announces that he / she has ordered a KAU card. The student attaches a photo.
- The e-mail must be sent from the e-mail address registered in LADOK.
The KAU card will be sent to the students home address.
Change code or block card
Ordinary route below
HOW DO I GET THE KAU CARD?
- Get your KauID.
- Wait 24 hours while the system is processing your new KauID. If you already have an active account you can skip this step.
- Order your card from a web portal, log in with your KauID. (Here you can also change your code and block your card)
- Take your photo in one of the photo booths. There are two at Karlstad University in building 1E, next to the Welcome Centre in the main entrance. At the Ingesund School of Music there is a booth outside the 200 corridor two floors above the reception/main entrance.
- Pick up your card at the Welcome Centre in 3–5 days.