Application and course registration
Before each new semester, you must apply for the course or courses that you are taking via universityadmissions.se. This applies to all students, including degree programme students.
If you are a degree programme student, you will easily find the courses you need to apply for via My Kau. You can also find your courses manually on universityadmissions.se. This applies especially if you are not a degree programme student.
APPLY VIA MY KAU (programme students)
- Log in to My Kau
- Click on “Studies”
- Click on “MORE INFO” next to your programme
- Click on “Courses upcoming semester”
- Upcoming courses included in your programme will show, click on the course to which you want to apply. To register, you must go to universityadmissions.se and log in.
SEARCH FOR COURSES MANUALLY ON UNIVERSITYADMISSIONS.SE
You can also search for courses manually via universityadmissions.se. This applies especially if you are not a degree programme student.
1. Go to universityadmissions.se and click on "Log in". To the right on the login page, select "Karlstad University" in the list of universities. Then click on "To Student Portal". Log in with the same user details that you use to log in to, for example, "My Kau". Please note that this only applies to students who are already enrolled with us and have a student account. New students must create a user account on universityadmissions.se and log in using these details instead.
2. Go to the catalogue for courses and programmes and search for your course. Please note that the course registration codes always start with kau- (e.g. kau-52839).
3. Click on “Select” when you have found your course and start again with a new search if you are taking more than one course. If you want to study more than 30 ECTS credits, you can also apply to your additional courses now.
Web registration for course
When you register for a programme or course, you accept admission. If you do not register, you risk losing your place on the course. Registration is made at the beginning of each course. In general, you can make your web registration from one week before your course starts until the course start day. The course administrator can provide information about the course portal registration period.
According to the Higher Education Ordinance, all universities and university colleges must keep an updated record of their students. This is why it is important that you register at the beginning of each new term or study period. There are also other reasons why you should register:
- Reports of examination results, laboratory assignments, or other forms of study achievement cannot be put on record without a registration.
- If you are registered, examination admittance is guaranteed when you sign up for an exam.
- Resources are allocated to faculty on the basis of the number of students registered on the course.
- Only registered students can take advantage of discounts offered by the student union and others.
Who can register through My Kau?
Students who have been admitted to a course or programme and have collected their student user account have access to the registration service at My Kau.
If the registration entry is displayed incorrectly, contact the course administrator. Late applications to courses should be submitted to the faculty offering the course. Students who apply after the closing of the portal should contact the course administrator.
Who cannot register through My Kau?
Students who want to re-register, or have been preliminary admitted pending verification that they meet the prerequisites, should contact the course administrator.