Open access deal - Elsevier
The national library consortium Bibsam has come to an agreement with Elsevier which enables KaU researchers to publish open access free of charge in a large selection of Elsevier journals.
The agreement comes to force 1 January 2020. The publishing part of the agreement includes:
- Free open access (OA) publishing in Elsevier's hybrid and fully OA journals (Freedom Collection)
- Free open access publishing in a selection of journals from learned societies
- Free open access publishing in CellPress' fully OA journals
- Free open access publishing in The Lancet's fully OA journals
Please note the following regarding the agreement:
- Only manuscripts submitted after 31 December 2019 can benefit from the agreement
- Hybrid journals of the Lancet family (including the Lancet) are excluded from the deal
- Certain learned societies journals are excluded from the deal
- Charges associated with the print journal, e.g. page or colour charges, are not covered by the deal
How does it work?
When your manuscript has been accepted you as corresponding author will receive an e-mail from Elsevier with a link to publishing options. Follow the link and choose Karlstad University as affiliation. Then select your preferred CC-license.
- Journal search tool (from Elsevier)
- List of journals included in the deal (Freedom Collection, including learned societies, updated 200526)
- List of journals included in the deal (Cell Press, updated 200526)
- Inslaget article with comments from library director Jakob Harnesk and vice chancellor Johan Sterte
- Press release from Bibsam
- Press release from Elsevier