Facts and history
Karlstad Business School was estabished in 2009 as part of Karlstad University, Sweden.
Facts & Figures
- 3 200 students
- 150 international students per year
- 130 employees
- 150 MSEK annual turnover
- 9 programmes (first cycle)
- 9 programmes (second cycle)
- 270 graduates per year
- 77% have got a job within six months of graduation
- 1968 Education in Business Administration starts at the then Karlstad branch to Gothenburg University
- 1977 University College of Karlstad is established and Business Administration becomes a national Bachelor programme
- 1986 The Service Research Centre is established and a model for research at the University College is created.
- 1989 The strategic plan "The University of Karlstad" is approved by the board.
- 1999 Karlstad University is founded
- 2009 Karlstad Business School, KBS, is established
- 2011 The Swedish Higher Education Authority grants KBS the right to award Master of Science in Business and Economics degree
- 2017 The Swedish Higher Education Authority grants KBS the right to award Master of Laws degree