CSR's researchers in Routledge-book on climate change
CSR's director Mikael Granberg is co-editor of the book Local Action on Climate Change - Opportunities and constraints, the latest addition to Routledges series on Advances in Climate Change Research. CSR's researchers are co-authors for four of the books chapters.
There is growing interest in analysing the role and effectiveness of the local scale in responding to the global challenge of climate change. However, while accounts of urban climate change governance are growing, there is now a real need for further conceptual and empirical work to better understand processes of change and uptake across a range of climate change actions.
Local Action on Climate Change examines how local climate change responses are emerging, being operationalized and evaluated within a range of geographical and socio-political contexts across the globe. Focussing on the role and potential of local governments, non-government organisations and community groups in driving transformative change, the authors analyse how local climate change responses have emerged and explore the extent to which they are or have the potential to be innovative or transformative in terms of governance, policy and practice change.
Drawing on a diverse range of case studies, including examples from Vanuatu, Japan, South Africa, Australia, Sweden, the USA and India, this volume will be of great interest to students and scholars of climate change, environmental policy and governance, and sustainability.
Mikael Granberg is co-editor of the book and co-author of chapters:
- Moloney, S., Fünfgeld, H. and Granberg, M. (2018), Climate change responses from the global to local scale: an overview, pp. 1-16
- Baja, K. and Granberg, M. (2018), From engagement to empowerment: climate change and resilience planning in Baltimore City, pp. 126-145
- Moloney, S., Fünfgeld, H. and Granberg, M. (2018), Towards transformative action: learning from local experiences and contexts, pp. 146-156
Mikael Granberg and CSR's Lars Nyberg co-authors chapter:
- Granberg, M. and Nyberg, L. (2018), Climate change adaptation, city competitiveness and urban planning in the city of Karlstad, Sweden, pp. 111-125
- Local Action on Climate Change - Opportunities and constraints, at the webpage of publisher Routledge