Computer science at Karlstad University provides a positive environment for learning
- The masterprogram in computer science enables students to think outside the box and apply their ideas practically in the projects which they are working on, says Furqan Nadeem who is studying at Karlstad University as a scholarship student.
The master’s program in computer science at Karlstad University focuses on computer security and networking field so this degree serves as a platform to prepare students to excel in the job market.
- My experience of my first year at computer science is that this university provides a positive environment for learning. The professors are very helpful and make an extra effort for the students to understand the concepts. The library has a vast collection of books where you can find all the relevant material for your studies.
Furqan Nadeem´s main expectations from Karlstad University were a good learning environment and facilities for extra-curricular activities.
- The teachers provide extra help if there is any kind of confusion for the student in any course and a job fair is organized every year in which most of the companies in Karlstad participate. Attending this job fair and interacting with the representatives of the companies helps you better understand the job market and its demands. It’s an excellent platform to secure a job in your desired field as you can get yourself interviewed for any available job position.
How would you pitch the master program for somebody who is interested?
- This program equips you with the exact information and learning that is currently being sought after by the job market and Karlstad University collaborates with large companies operating in Sweden - so the students get a chance to work on the latest research projects.
The knowledge that you gain as a student during the master program broadens your perspective of the possibilities that can be achieved through different technologies. Students are able to come up with innovative ideas in this field, because rather than just teaching the study material of the courses, the teachers provide the students with the opportunity to provide their own input in the course. Discussion sessions are organized by the teachers so the students can share with others whatever they have learned through the course and even provide suggestions on how to improve the process.
- This degree enables students to think outside the box and apply their ideas practically in the projects which they are working on. So, I would pitch this master’s program to anyone looking to have a successful career in the field of computer science.