The Centre for Societal Risk Research board is made up of people that somehow work with risk issues, climate adaptation and public safety in society. The role of the board is to contribute their experiences and expertise in discussions on the development, budget and other strategic centre issues.
Research centers at Karlstad university needs to have boards consisting of representatives of internal end external interests. Chair and board members are appointed for three years by the university vice-chancellor. The centre for societal risk research board acts as an advisory committee. The board congregates a number of times annually and is invited to take part in the current discussions at the centre.
- Thomas Gell, former Brandskyddsföreningen (chair)
- Misse Wester, Lund University
- Maria Kraft, Swedish Transport Administration
- Martin Kristiansson, Karlstad University
- Vacant, Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency, MSB
- Margareta Wahlström, International Red Cross, Sweden
- Monika Bubholz, Karlstad municipality
- Michaela Padden, Karlstad University (PhD representative)